[cvsnt] cvs update fails on first try then succedes on second ...

John Cole john.cole at uai.com
Mon Feb 27 21:36:23 GMT 2006

Arthur,
  While I wouldn't characterize 4 items left out from 22 on your list as a
'whole lotta', I'll be happy to provide those.  I do have to say that in the
~2.5 years I've participated in this list, I don't recall having to provide
so much information up front to pose a question; seems like a whole lotta
trouble for something that I was hoping to get some insight from fellow list
members.  Hopefully this additional information will provide the answer.

Thanks,

John Cole

BTW, the first attempt to send this info exceeded the size allowed for the
list, apparently it doesn't allow a whole lotta stuff :-)

Server, Windows 2003 Server Standard edition Service pack 1.  Fresh install,
no antivirus.

Results of cvsdiag on server:
CVSNT Diagnostic output
-----------------------

Server version: 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2151 OS Version: Windows 2003
5.2.3790 (Service Pack 1)

CVS Service installed: Yes
LockService installed: Yes

:pserver: installed: Yes
:sserver: installed: Yes
:gserver: installed: Yes
:server: installed: Yes
:ssh: installed: Yes
:sspi: installed: Yes
:ext: installed: Yes

Installation Path: C:\Program Files\CVSNT\ Repository 0 Path:
F:/CVS_REPOSITORY/PRODDEV Repository 0 Name: /PRODDEV Repository 1 Path:
F:/CVS_REPOSITORY/Utilities Repository 1 Name: /Utilities Repository 2 Path:
F:/CVS_REPOSITORY/test Repository 2 Name: /test Repository 3 Path:
F:/CVS_REPOSITORY/AdvTech Repository 3 Name: /AdvTech CVS Temp directory:
F:\Temp CA Certificate File: (no value) Private Key File: (no value) Local
Users Only: No Default LockServer: localhost:2402 Disable Reverse DNS: No
Server Tracing: No Case Sensitive: No Server listen port: 2401 Compatibility
(Non-cvsnt clients):
        Report old CVS version: No
        Hide extended status: No
        Emulate co -n bug: Yes
        Ignore client wrappers: No
Compatibility (CVSNT clients):
        Report old CVS version: No
        Hide extended status: No
        Emulate co -n bug: No
        Ignore client wrappers: No
Default domain: UAI
Force run as user:

Temp dir readable by current user: Yes
Repository0 readable by current user: Yes Temp dir writable by current user:
Yes

AV files detected:
(none)

Installed Winsock protocols:

1003: MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP]
1004: MSAFD Tcpip [UDP/IP]
1001: RSVP UDP Service Provider
1002: RSVP TCP Service Provider

Client, Windows XP Service Pack 2, fresh install, no antivirus

Results of cvsdiag on client (Tortoise 1.8.18 did not install cvsdiag, so I
copied it from the server, I hope that is ok, I was hoping to avoid a whole
lotta trouble trying to get that output).

CVSNT Diagnostic output
-----------------------

Server version: 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2151 OS Version: Windows XP 5.1.2600
(Service Pack 2)

CVS Service installed: No
LockService installed: No

:pserver: installed: No
:sserver: installed: No
:gserver: installed: No
:server: installed: No
:ssh: installed: No
:sspi: installed: No
:ext: installed: No

Installation Path: (no value)
Repository 0 Path: (no value)
Repository 0 Name: (no value)
Repository 1 Path: (no value)
Repository 1 Name: (no value)
Repository 2 Path: (no value)
Repository 2 Name: (no value)
Repository 3 Path: (no value)
Repository 3 Name: (no value)
CVS Temp directory: (no value)
CA Certificate File: (no value)
Private Key File: (no value)
Local Users Only: No
Default LockServer: (no value)
Disable Reverse DNS: No
Server Tracing: No
Case Sensitive: No
Server listen port: 0
Compatibility (Non-cvsnt clients):
        Report old CVS version: No
        Hide extended status: No
        Emulate co -n bug: No
        Ignore client wrappers: No
Compatibility (CVSNT clients):
        Report old CVS version: No
        Hide extended status: No
        Emulate co -n bug: No
        Ignore client wrappers: No
Default domain: (no value)
Force run as user: (no value)

Temp dir readable by current user: Yes
Repository0 readable by current user: Yes Temp dir writable by current user:
Yes

AV files detected:
(none)

Installed Winsock protocols:

1001: MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP]
1002: MSAFD Tcpip [UDP/IP]
1004: RSVP UDP Service Provider
1005: RSVP TCP Service Provider

Environment variables on the client:

ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users APPDATA=C:\Documents and
Settings\jcole\Application Data CLIENTNAME=CAFFEINE
CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
COMPUTERNAME=XPBUILD4
ComSpec=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
FP_NO_HOST_CHECK=NO
HOMEDRIVE=C:
HOMEPATH=\Documents and Settings\jcole
lib=C:\Program Files\SQLXML 4.0\bin\
LOGONSERVER=\\THOR
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=2
OS=Windows_NT
Path=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program
Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\90\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\90\Tools\binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\90\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\;C:\Program
Files\TortoiseCVS;C:\Program Files\NAnt\bin\;C:\Program Files;C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98;C:\Program Files\HTML Help Workshop
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 4, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=15
PROCESSOR_REVISION=0404
ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
PROMPT=$P$G
SESSIONNAME=RDP-Tcp#1
SystemDrive=C:
SystemRoot=C:\WINDOWS
TEMP=C:\DOCUME~1\jcole\LOCALS~1\Temp
TMP=C:\DOCUME~1\jcole\LOCALS~1\Temp
USERDNSDOMAIN=UAI.INT
USERDOMAIN=UAI
USERNAME=jcole
USERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\jcole windir=C:\WINDOWS
Wise_QuickFacts=C:\Program Files\Wise for Windows
Installer\Tutorial\QuickFacts\

The RCS files exceed the allowed length of the list, so I cannot attach
them.