[cvsnt] 2.5.03 build 2252 testing

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Mon Feb 27 23:51:58 GMT 2006

Hi all,

We have a very obscure bug showing up in CVSNT 2.5.03 build 2252 - if you have some time and the appropriate setup I am looking for feedback from people testing:

server os: windows (any) - NOT domain controller, but ON a domain
server: CVSNT 2.5.03 build 2252
SystemAuth: default (yes)
Default Domain: none
Run as user: none

client os: any
protocol: pserver
user: domain user
commands: login

On some w2k3 boxes running cvsnt 2.5.03.2252 where the server is not the domain controller and the domain controller IS NOT WINDOWS 2003 we are seeing an authentication failure with the pserver protocol when the user is a domain user.  We have not yet tested w2k, wxp(pro) or wnt4 in a similar way.

Does anyone else have the required equipment to try and reproduce this?  Currently we are leaning towards thinking it's a problem in our domain config - but it's holding up 2.5.03.2252 going "stable"...

We are fairly sure the problem does not appear if the domain controller IS W2k3 (a different path is taken through the auth code in that case), so if it is a genuine bug then it's only going to affect a very small number of installations.

If you can test please post back to this thread and cc me:
* cvs server os
* domain controller os
* cvs client version
* cvs server version
* server trace of "cvs login" (with server side tracing enabled)
http://www.march-hare.com/cvspro/faq/faq2.asp#4L
* cvsdiag results from cvs server
* (optional) list of events in the Windows security event log

Thanks,

Arthur