[cvsnt] Re: How to get the diffs between branchpoint and tip of branch

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue Feb 28 13:47:39 GMT 2006

Richard Wirth wrote:

> stupid qestion?

Not at all.

> any hints?

Unless you tagged the branchpoint I'm afraid you're out of luck...

Some time ago the addition of new reserved symbolic tag names was
discussed (and not for the first time IIRC), among others a symbol to
refer to the branchppoint of the currently active branch for a given
revision (similar to BASE).

Furthermore, we'd need some kind of enhancement to the -r argument
syntax (for update/checkout, (r)log, (r)diff, (r)annotate, etc.) to
express this for a specific branch independent of the currrent sandbox
contents.

Cheers,

--
Oliver