[cvsnt] updating a floating tag.

Mark Johnson amarkjohnson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 22:03:06 GMT 2006

I have a cruisecontrol continuous build running against a module in
the main trunk of my repository.  When this build is successful, it
applies a tag to the code just built, with the "-F" option to move
existing tags.

"cvs tag -F last_continuous mymodule"

I think I just discoverd a problem in the way I am doing this.  If I
remove items, then they will not be in the next continuous build, and
the tag does not get removed.  If I then update to that label, I will
get the contents of the last build, plus various old, removed items.
Is this true?

I think what I should do is:

"cvs rtag -d last_continuous mymodule"
"cvs tag -F last_continuous mymodule"

Is this correct?  Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,

Mark Johnson