[cvsnt] verifymsg (syntax and tests

feymard at stago.fr feymard at stago.fr
Mon Jan 2 10:19:30 GMT 2006

Anyone has a solution?

                      feymard at stago.fr
                      Envoyé par :             Pour :    bo.berglund at telia.com
                      cvsnt-bounces at cvs        cc :      cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org, cvsnt at cvsnt.org, (ccc : Franck-Sébastien
                      nt.org                    EYMARD/GENNEVILLIERS/STAGO)
                                               Objet :   Réf. : Re: Réf. : RE: [cvsnt] verifymsg (syntax and tests

                      23/12/2005 15:34

Thanks for this hit.
This can't solve my mistakes.

In verifymsg, I write this line (my tests uses only module01. It will be
the default rule)
^module01 blank-commit.bat

The .bat contains only
exit /B 1
to block every commit, but, here is the result:

Script execution failed
Checking in Nouveau Document texte.txt;
/repotest01/module01/Nouveau Document texte.txt,v  <--  Nouveau Document
texte.txt
done

:'(
My goal: refuse a commit without log message.

                      Bo Berglund

                      <bo.berglund at teli        Pour :    cvsnt at cvsnt.org

                      a.com>                   cc :      (ccc :
Franck-Sébastien EYMARD/GENNEVILLIERS/STAGO)
                      Envoyé par :             Objet :   Re: Réf. : RE:
[cvsnt] verifymsg (syntax and tests
                      cvsnt-bounces at cvs

                      nt.org

                      23/12/2005 15:06

                      Veuillez répondre

                      à bo.berglund

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 09:47:15 +0100, feymard at stago.fr wrote:

>I know, but I have to do this check. In a first time, it's only to avoid
>empty log messages.

If you use verifymsg it will *not* work on sandboxes already checked
out by the users. They get the template file only when initially
checking out the module (if it is set at that time). Updates will not
transfer the template.

You can always use a check in the precommit file instead if you check
the message contents from that script you can proint a message to the
user and then fail the commit.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)