[cvsnt] Re: Best practices for shadow sandbox

Gabriel Genellina gagenellina at softlab.com.ar
Tue Jan 3 00:27:50 GMT 2006

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 20:45:05 -0300, John J. Xenakis <mhare at jxenakis.com>
wrote:

> I understand this, and I've only used it in software development
> environments myself, before now.  I recommended it thinking that my
> client's "naive users" would only use a small subset of the
> functionality anyway -- checking DOC files in and out -- and I felt
> that this should be easy to do using CVSNT.  I've been surprised by
> how difficult it's been to get all this set up, but I'm beginning to
> see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Trust me: it's not as difficult as you may think.
Maybe you should trash your sandboxes, unistall cvsnt, and start again
following Bo's installation guide menctioned earlier.
Then forget about mimicking VSS and think in terms of your functional
requirements, dont try to replicate other procedures.
And all would be easier.

--
Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL