[cvsnt] Re: Removing delete access for a repository

Glen Starrett glen at starretthome.net
Wed Jan 4 15:20:09 GMT 2006

Kommaraju Srinivas wrote:
>  I am using wincvs. If I dont want the CVS users to delete the files from a
> repository,but they shld be able to add /modify files.How can i achieve
> this.

No CVS user can permanently delete any files that are under CVS control
without direct access to the repository.  All files that are under CVS
control are merely marked as removed but still have the full history and
you can access the old versions.

As long as you don't have the repository on a share somewhere, it's safe
from permanent deletion of any files under CVS control.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett