[cvsnt] CVS error: "up-to-date check failed" & "no such file or directory"

Olivier C cotasson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 16:06:02 GMT 2006

Hi Gurus and fellows,

Happy new year to you all.

I have to maintain a J2EE web application developed and maintained under
Eclipse (v3.0) that is managed on a remote server by CVS-NT.
All under Win2K Operating systems.

As the current remote CVS server is slow (too old) and quite buggy, I needed
to set up a new CVS environment.

For a small Eclipse project, consisting a few files, everything is fine.
For this large webApp, however it is another story...

So here is hwo I switched to the new CVS server :

Within eclipse :
-right-click on the project name
- Select Properties.
- Select the CVS node.
- Click the to "Change Sharing...".
- Select the CVS server in the list (I have to deselect the "Show only
compatible repository locations" checkbox for anything to appear.

I get the following messages when committing some changes :
 - "up-to-date check failed"
 - "no such file or directory"

I have been google-ing these keywords but to no avail so far.
That's why I joined the list, with the hope of setting up a proper
environment for this app.

Any hint much appreciated.

Best regards.

--