[cvsnt] Re: VIEWCVS and CVSNT 2.5.03 - revision graph on merge doesn't show image

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Jan 4 19:48:25 GMT 2006

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 08:34:40 -0800, "Ian Huynh" <Ian.Huynh at hubspan.com>
wrote:

>Environment:
>
>   CVSNT 2.5.03 (Scorpio)
>
>   ViewCvs 1.0_2005-05-18 installer made with InnoSetup 4.2.7 from http://web.telia.com/~u86216121/ViewCvsSetup.html#Download
>

>The installer by Bo B. rocks. It made ViewCVS installation a breeze.  Thanks!
>I can't seem to get ViewCVS to display a revision graph if there's a branch and a merge on a particular file.  If there are no merges, then the graph displays fine. Otherwise, the image doesn't show up.
>
>Anyone else run into the same issue?

This is probably because of a CVSGraph issue that was discussed about
6 months ago on the ViewCvs list. Unfortunately at the time noone
seemed able to compile a new Windows version so I could not get it for
the installer.
Now I have found version 1.5.2 of CVSGraph and posted it on my ViewCvs
setup webpage http://web.telia.com/~u86216121/ViewCvsSetup.html (top
of the external links).
Please download the zipfile and extract its contents (2 files) into
the c:\Programs\GnuWin32\bin folder.
Then check if your problem is gone and report back here.
If this solves the problem I will rebuild the installer and post one
that contains the new CVSGraph.

Unfortunately ViewCvs has diverged towards SubVersion now so I cannot
keep abreast with development anymore. I am stuck with the sources
from June 2005 unless something happens that makes it possible for CVS
to get them out of SubVersion....

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)