[cvsnt] Audit DB: commitlog.sessionid is always 0

Olaf Groeger Olaf.Groeger at gmx.de
Thu Jan 5 12:42:59 GMT 2006

Tony,
I installed the Audit DB on Linux with a postgresql db and it happens that
the sessionid column in commitlog and historylog (and maybe taglog) is 0
for all rows.
I used the cvs server rpm download cvsnt-2.5.03.2151-rh9-rpm.tar.gz and the
plugin from cvsnt-database-odbc-2.5.03.2151-1.i386.rpm. There was not
postgresql counterpart, as i expected, so i setup the database type in
PServer to ODBC. For creating the tables i used the
script /triggers/sql/create_tables_pgsql.sql from the Sources.

The plugin inserts in commitlog, sessionlog and historylog, but the
sessionid in commitlog and historylog is 0 for all rows and don't contain
the correspondant sessionlog.id. Obviously, this breaks the connection
between the sessionlog table and the other tables.

Anyway, i propose to make commitlog.sessionid and historylog.sessionid a
foreign key to sessionlog.id to ensure the referential integrity.

Olaf