[cvsnt] pserver authorization problems

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Sat Jan 7 00:05:20 GMT 2006

Bo Berglund wrote:

> Did you try :pserver:domain\\user at server:/repository ?
> CVSNT is now rather picky about the backslashes so you might want to

Only in the commit support files, because it needs to support the escape
syntax.

The command line is unchanged (you need double backslash when logging in
from unix because the shell does escaping, not cvsnt).

TBH I wouldn't bother with the passwd file... it's an anacronism these days.

Note that for the domain to work over pserver the client *must* have a
valid trust relationship with the domain otherwise the domain controller
will refuse to authenticate the client.  It really isn't a simple
configuration to do that kind of multiple-domain stuff... you have to
make sure that the users you're using on the cvsnt server have correct
network login rights for the cross-domain connection and that's
something that is down to your network administrators.

OTOH it does work on properly configured networks - I've setup such
servers myself at client sites.. they were exclusively sspi though -
pserver is too much of a security hole to be allowed on corporate
networks normally.