[cvsnt] Re: Repository auditing with Oracle

Glen Starrett glen at starretthome.net
Mon Jan 9 15:14:32 GMT 2006

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> There's no script for creating tables on Oracle so you'll have to find
> out what the syntax is on that system... I've had a look at Oracle and
> it's a very different DB to anything else I've encountered - haven't
> gone very far with it so I can't help much.

PLSQL isn't that far off from TSQL when it comes to creating basic
tables, but there are a lot more options in Oracle.  It's really
something that the local DBA should do anyway (assuming they have one).
  Oracle databases typically require more direct involvement than MSSQL
ones since they have different philosophies.

Here's a basic guide:

http://www.adp-gmbh.ch/ora/sql/create_table.html

--
Glen Starrett