[cvsnt] Re: Repository auditing with Oracle

Paulo Soares psoares at consiste.pt
Tue Jan 10 10:41:35 GMT 2006

Oracle does that with sequences. I have code where I get the next
sequence number and use that number as key for several tables. You are
right that it's virtually impossible to have common queries even if they
all speak SQL; what I don't understand is the reasoning you make that
the only way to do this is with a DB that supports some kind of
auto-increment leaving Oracle outside of the equation as if Oracle is
some kind of an obscure DB. I'm not really complaining (perhaps just a
bit...), it's not critical for me and as far as CVS goes I've yet to see
any program this good.

Paulo