[cvsnt] pserver authorization problems

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Jan 10 18:25:52 GMT 2006

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 10:54:20 -0700, "David Jackman"
<David.Jackman at fastsearch.com> wrote:

>I was able to get things running on my server.  I uninstalled, cleaned
>out the registry settings, then installed again.  I didn't pursue the
>domain users again due to the constant discouragement from people
>smarter than me.  Before I wasn't able to get *any* (even non-domain)
>users to work with pserver.  Now I can.  One thing I noticed after
>re-installing is that the default domain setting (in server settings) is
>set to blank by default.  With my first install, I'd set it to the
>domain all the users were coming from.  Blank is probably the value I
>want (especially if I'm not using domain users).  However, in the
>settings dialog there is no way to choose a blank value once it's been
>set to something else.  If blank is really an option (the one that
>works, no less!), then  it ought to be available all the time.  I
>haven't tried changing the default domain to something to prove that it
>was the cause of my problems because I can't change it back afterwards.

Its stored in the registry at:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CVS\Pserver value DefaultDomain

If you erase that value and then restart the CVS service it will be
gone.

I see what you mean in the way the CVSNT control panel works.
I second the suggestion to add a <no domain> entry at the top of the
list so that this can be set easier.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)