[cvsnt] Re: Feature idea: "brute-force update"

Victor A. Wagner Jr. vawjr at rudbek.com
Thu Jan 12 11:33:27 GMT 2006

At 20:40 2006-01-11, Arthur Barrett wrote:
>Trevor,
>
>Please direct CVS Suite support requests to the e-mail address
>listed on page 7 of the eBook, not to the newsgroup.
>
>Static files will be supported and documented in CVS Suite 2.5.03
>(due for release soon).

not to put TOO fine a point on it, but YOU are the one who brought up
"static" which is NOT yet released.  How the hell is anyone on THIS
list supposed to know what YOU're planning on doing with the product.
I disagree completely with your calling this a "support request".

FURTHER, you suggested that someone mark a file static _in the
present tense_.... not "wait until release", not "in the near
future", NADA to suggest that this might be something we wouldn't be
able to find out about regardless of the effort and research we did.

I found your response to be an insult to everyone on the newsgroup
and your original question to be the equivalent of "trolling" on
IRC.  In my channel it would have earned you a ban.

You owe everyone here an apology.