[cvsnt] tag history

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Thu Jan 12 12:58:12 GMT 2006

The tags are stored in each RCS file of the files affected by the
tagging.
But the storage does not include a timestamp, so in principle it is not
possible to retrieve this info after the fact.

There are two possible ways around this for the future:

1) For all CVS server versions
Use the taginfo script to create a timestamped log of all tag
operations.

2) For CVSNT 2.5.03.xxxx
With the later releases of CVSNT there is also an audit function
implemented.
Enable and configure this and you will be able to retrieve all kinds of
timestamped statistics afterwards (only for events after the auditing
was
switced on of course).

Best regards,

Bo Berglund