[cvsnt] Re: Problems with CVS History

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Jan 15 15:12:16 GMT 2006

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 15:55:16 +0400, "Tarek M. Nabil"
<tarek.nabil at isoft.ae> wrote:

>Thanks a lot for your help. I checked out the audit plugin, but it seems to
>be a commercial plugin. Do you know of any free alternatives?

The Audit plugin is by no means a "commercial" plugin. I have
described how to configure it on this webpage:

http://web.telia.com/~u86216177/CVSNTAuditing.html

>I must say that I didn't completely understand the second paragraph. All I
>really want is to be able to find out the names of all the files that
>changed since a certain tag. That used to be a one minute job with VSS, I
>can't imagine why it should be that difficult with such a mature product as
>CVS.

Sorry, I misunderstood that question then. I thought you mant all
files that changed after the *time* the tag was set, which is not the
same of course.
Since timestamps are not used in tagging and the same tag can be set
on different files at completely different times it is in principle
impossible to list files that changed *after* a tag was set.
But you can list files that *carry* that tag and also the files that
do not have the tag on the HEAD revision (which means that the files
in question changed *after* they were tagged.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)