[cvsnt] setting up adminstrator

Kwong Thomas thokwong2001 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 02:57:39 GMT 2006

Dear all,

I am try to setup administrator in CVSNT, my CVSNT server version 2.051d

The protocol I want to use is sspi

I login the the server where CVSNT is installed, the login name is APPS_ADMIN.

But, I an not able to set APPS_ADMIN as the administrator of the
repository in the server machine.

Please help and let me know what step I have done wrong.

What I did is the following:-

1st, I create a repository call test
========================
set cvsroot=:sspi:localhost:/test

2st, I create a login in the server machine
==============================
C:\Documents and Settings\APPS_ADMIN>cvs passwd -a APPS_ADMIN
Adding user APPS_ADMIN at localhost
New password:
Verify password:

3rd, I check out CVSROOT in another PC on the network
and then I created a new file called "admin", it only have one line,
the contents as follows.

APPS_ADMIN at localhost

and then I import the whole module CVSROOT
I check-out CVSROOT again to verify the file "admin" is checked in successfully.

4th, I modify "config" file in CVSROOT
============================
I set SystemAuth to "no"
SystemAuth=no

And then I check in the config file.

5th, I try to create another login in the server machine
C:\Documents and Settings\APPS_ADMIN>cvs passwd -a thokwong
Adding user thokwong at localhost
New password:
Verify password:
cvs [server aborted]: Only administrators can add or change another's password

But APPS_ADMIN is still not an administrator.

Regards,
Thomas.