[cvsnt] Auditing stopped working with build 2214

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Jan 18 23:30:48 GMT 2006

I installed build 2214 on my test server yesterday and today I was
going to check how the Audit system handles the bugID data.

So I edited a file and committed it with a bugid.
Then I went to the database to have a look, but to my astonishment
there is *nothing* there after I changed to the new build!
The Ssssionlog recorde the client CVS version so I can see that the
last record there was done using 2207.
My commit succeeds, I can see the bugid right there in the RCS file.

But now I am not getting anything into the Audit database no matter
what cvs commands I use. What can cause this?
And how can I check what is going on?
I can't say I see anything suspicious using cvs -ttt update on a file,
but the command is not recorded in the audit database like it was
before.

My audit database is MS SQLServer 2000 and if I go to the Audit plugin
configuration in CVSNT control panel I can successfully test the
connection to the database. The plugin is enabled and the server is
working and there are no errors on cvs commands but nothing is getting
into the database...

Any ideas?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)