[cvsnt] CVSNT checkout got older version than requested

Thu Jan 19 12:03:45 GMT 2006

Hi Jeremy,

On 1/19/06, Jeremy Booth <Jeremy.Booth at serco.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Using CVSNT with SSPI authentication from tortoise CVS a checkout of a
> branch was done into an empty directory. Some of the files were immediately
> marked as being updated.
> The Entries file in the CVS directory on the client correctly identified the
> file version as 1.1.4.7 but doing a diff showed differences. It was
> eventually discovered that the contents of the file were version 1.1.4.6.
> There were other files also in a condition where the Entries file had the
> correct version listed, but the contents were previous revisions (not always
> the version before, one was 5 revisions old).
> We can't reproduce this issue.

We had a similar problem once, using version 2.0.58d of the server.
However, I don't think the content of "Entries" was correct in our
case. Have a look for the subject "HEAD not always pointing to latest
version" in the Mailinglist-Archive. Upgrading the server fixed our
Problem.

Best regards
 Tobias