[cvsnt] Re: building the cvs docs

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Thu Jan 19 20:06:44 GMT 2006

David Somers wrote:
> Tony Hoyle wrote:

> OK. I can now get xmlto to process cvs.dbk successfully, but only by
> disabling strict validation... in other words, your docbook-file doesn't
> conform fully to the docbook DTD... if I grok the error message I was
> seeing correctly, around line 15337 lurks the problem (the wrong tag).

It does actually... xsltproc validates it correctly, and the xml editor
(xmlmind) validates it on startup.  Not to mention the documentation is
rebuilt for every build script.  This points to a bug in xmlto.

Line 15337 is perfectly valid docbook.. it's just an indexterm clause.

I had a look at it - apart from not supporting the stringparam options
(so you can't build the docs anyway since the page names would be wrong)
it generates incorrect code - try building a pdf... you get a lot of
syntax errors from latex as it's generating unparsable tex files.

Really you'd be better off sticking to the standard build script for this.