[cvsnt] How to compile cvsnt - again unable to....

David Smith David.Smith at synopsys.com
Fri Jan 20 22:49:48 GMT 2006

http://lists.porchdogsoft.com/products/howl/ for the sources.

You have to build it.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org [mailto:cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org] On Behalf
Of Bo Berglund
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 2:07 PM
To: cvsnt at cvsnt.org
Subject: [cvsnt] How to compile cvsnt - again unable to....

Now trying to set up my environment on the new XP-Pro SP2 PC I got a
few months ago. I have now come to setting VS 2003 up for building
CVSNT and I am again stuck...

This is what I have done:

1.1 Install Visual Studio .NET 2003
1.2 Install the Platform SDK Feb 2003
    - Core Files
    - Internet development

2.1 Check out the cvsnt module from
:pserver:cvs at cvs.cvsnt.org:/usr/local/cvs on branch CVSNT_2_0_x)

3.1 Get the kerberos files from:
http://www.cvsnt.org/krb5-1.2.2-cvsnt.bin.zip
    Unpack into cvsnt/krb5
3.2 Get OpenSSL 0.9.7d files (from
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/Download), install to cvsnt/openssl
3.3 Get SQlite files (from http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/Download),
install to cvsnt/sqlite
3.4 Get Iconv files( from http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/Download), install
to cvsnt/iconv
3.5 Tried getting the howl files, but the link on cvsnt.org is
broken...

4.1 In Visual studio Tools/Options/Projects/VC++ Directories/Include
files add the following paths:
    cvsnt\OpenSSL\include
    cvsnt\KRB5\INCLUDE
    cvsnt\Iconv\Include
    cvsnt\Sqlite\Include
4.2 In Visual studio Tools/Options/Projects/VC++ Directories/Library
files add the following paths:
    cvsnt\OpenSSL\lib
    cvsnt\KRB5\LIB
    cvsnt\Iconv\lib
    cvsnt\sqlite\lib

When I try to build the "solution" I get a whole bunch of errors like
this assortment:

f:\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\pcre\pcre_info.c(82): error C2065:
'PCRE_FIRSTLINE' : undeclared identifier

f:\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\cvsapi\mdns_howl.h(29): fatal error
C1083: Cannot open include file: 'howl.h': No such file or directory

plink fatal error LNK1207: incompatible PDB format in
'f:\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\plink\Release\plink.pdb'; delete and
rebuild

cvsservice fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
'\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\WinRel\cvsapi.lib'

f:\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\cvsntcpl\ProtocolsPage.cpp(91): error
C2039: 'ui' : is not a member of 'protocol_interface'

f:\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\protocols\sspi.cpp(170): error C2065:
'server' : undeclared identifier

cvscontrol fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
'\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\WinRel\cvsapi.lib'

and about 30 more....

What is *really* needed in order to build CVSNT with VS .NET 2003?????

As a comparison, when I wanted to build Audacity a number of weeks ago
I just got the sources from cvs, read the win/compile document, did as
specified therein and the thing built right away. Total time after
installing VS 2003 util a built Audacity was like 30 minutes.
Why is it so hard with cvsnt???

When I get this going I will definitely write it down and publish my
findings, but I do need some help...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)