[cvsnt] Re: CVS and FTP (excluding directories)

Glen Starrett glen at starretthome.net
Sat Jan 21 17:43:12 GMT 2006

douglass_davis at earthlink.net wrote:
> I use CVS to keep track of my PHP source for a website.   CVS puts a
> "CVS" directory in each dir of the site.
> I don't want to transfer those.  Can any one recommend a good FTP client
> that can transfer files and exclude certain directories from being
> tranferred based on their name?
>
> Free is better :)   but, i would be willing to buy a good FTP client.

You can do this easier by doing a "cvs export" to get a fresh copy of
the sources without the CVS control directories, or you can "cvs release
-e" to use CVS to release the control directories from your current sandbox.

To directly answer your question, I use filezilla myself.  I don't know
if it can exclude directories like you're looking to.

--
Glen Starrett