[cvsnt] Dead cvs.exe processes

David Jackman David.Jackman at fastsearch.com
Mon Jan 23 19:02:42 GMT 2006

I made the changes on Saturday.  Now that people are using the system, I'm already noticing lots of cvs.exe processes, and I again got a cvs server hang (which happens about once a day).  (I consider a cvs server hang when it takes more than a minute to service an ls -l cvs command on a small directory.)  When I stopped the cvs server, there were 391 cvs.exe processes, and after waiting 4 minutes, 11 were still alive.

Apparently, starting with fresh CVSROOT files doesn't fix the problem.  Any other ideas?

..David..