[cvsnt] Exactly which CVSNT files are needed for a client only???

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Wed Jan 25 15:48:13 GMT 2006

I had a stab at the cvsnt.iss file but it hides the file list by doing a
two-level definition so it takes time to get through it....

Anyway I took a server side install now (working) and copied all files.
Then I moved away all of the documents and all of the exe files (except
cvs.exe) and all of the xx_trigger.dll files.
Also took out some other files until I got this:

charset.dll
cvs.chm
cvs.exe
cvsagent.exe
cvsapi.dll
cvsclient.chm
cvsdiag.exe
cvstools.dll
dbghelp.dll
enum_protocol.dll
expat.dll
ext_protocol.dll
filelist.txt
gserver_protocol.dll
iconv.dll
libeay32_vc71.dll
libmySQL.dll
mdnsclient.dll
MFC71U.dll
msvcp71.dll
msvcr71.dll
plink.dll
protocol_map.ini
pserver_protocol.dll
script_trigger.dll
server_protocol.dll
sserver_protocol.dll
ssh_protocol.dll
ssleay32_vc71.dll
sspi_protocol.dll

These are the ones I moved:

audit_trigger.dll
ca.pem
checkout_trigger.dll
co.exe
COPYING
cvscontrol.exe
cvslock.exe
cvsnt-default.pem
cvsnt.cpl
cvsnt.url
cvsservice.exe
default_trigger.dll
email_trigger.dll
extnt.exe
extnt.ini
filelist.txt
genkey.exe
postinst.exe
rcsdiff.exe
Release Notes.rtf
rlog.exe
SetACL.exe
setci.exe
simcpl.cpl
simcvs.exe
sqlite.dll
su.exe
unins000.dat
unins000.exe
uninsthlp.exe
wiki.url
WorkspaceViewer.exe

All of these look like they are not needed by a client,
but when I try to graph a file in WinCvs after repointing it to the
cvs.exe above it gives me a strange error:

"sspi protocol library is missing entry pointcvs [log aborted]: the
:sspi: access method is not available on this system"

It looks like somehow the cvs.exe cannot find the sspi_protocol.dll even
though it is actually in place...

Maybe some of these files must be registered as COM servers as well???

I have to look it all over when I get back home so I can test and
possibly create an insteller as well.
But I would rather not have the client use registered dll:s, because
then I cannot separate the client from my server installed on the same
PC.....

Best regards,

Bo Berglund