[cvsnt] CVSNT without Password Agent

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Jan 25 19:42:48 GMT 2006

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 18:29:00 +0000, Rob Oxspring
<roxspring at imapmail.org> wrote:

>The checkout / udpate commands are as follows, tagging also occurs but I
>assume that one solution will fit all:
>
>cvs -d :pserver:user at host:/repository checkout -P component
>
>cvs -d :pserver:user at host:/repository update -P -d -rBRANCH component

Provided that you are not concerned about the password of user (he can
be set up as a read-only user) and that you are checking out into an
empty folder so you are not updating existing sandboxes:
Change the commands thus:

cvs -d :pserver:user:password at host:/repository checkout -P component
cd component
cvs update -P -d -rBRANCH

By moving into the newly created sandbox in line 2 you can dispose of
the -d specifier to the cvs command altogether.
The password is of course cleartext here, which you might not want,
but you said you are not overly concerned about that, right?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)