[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT + Web Application Implementation

Glen Starrett glen at starretthome.net
Wed Jan 25 20:04:31 GMT 2006

Sanjay.Uttam at VerizonWireless.com wrote:
> - Create a sandbox/module on the network on the machine running CVSNT server

Note that this approach is only officially supported if you use the paid
support option (see the "professional" level on
http://www.march-hare.com/cvspro/ ).

> - Install a plug-in or run a script that updates the web server directory
> (diff physical box) when a commit is made to the sandbox/module on the CVSNT
> server

This is the "shadow" file option that Bo mentioned in a seperate post
(there's a couple ways to do it depending on what version server you're
using).

> Please forgive my ignorance here, I've got no real experience administering
> source control environments until now.

No trouble, we were all new sometime :)  Just don't hesitate to dive
into the online docs (the eBook -- part of CVSSuite -- would be helpful
for a new user as well).

> Lastly -  As of now, if I create a module on the CVSNT server from TCVS on
> my local machine...if someone else goes to check it out, there are prompted
> for my password (we are utilizing SSPI)  Is there a way to grant multiple
> users access to a module/repository/etc [while still utilizing SSPI]?  Do we
> need to create the module with some generic account/group so that we all
> have access?  If so - wouldn't we lose the accountability (ie, who committed
> what version)  Sorry about all the questions!

You might be using an incorrect CVSROOT setting or your server
permissions might be messed up.  Your CVSROOT should look something like
this:

:sspi:servername:/reposname

Note that there is no username or password information in there so
Windows will work it all out.  Read the documentation and Bo's
installation guide for more information on proper NTFS permission settings.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett