[cvsnt] Exactly which CVSNT files are needed for a client only???

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Jan 25 23:25:22 GMT 2006

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 22:39:13 +0000, Tony Hoyle
<tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Oliver Giesen wrote:
>> I just had a look and it wasn't that bad at all. The only thing that
>> appears to have been added to the non-Suite version of the installer is
>> u3dapi10.dll but I'm not entirely sure what it does and which component
>> I should assign it to. Seems it has something to with cvsagent running
>> from a USB stick? If so, I guess it's a client-only file as well, right?
>>

>Secure(ish) password storage on a U3 compatible USB stick.  Lets you
>login cvs on a machine and walk away from it taking your password with you.
>
>It's a pity they only ship a single DLL and that's unnecessarily huge (I
>mean, FFS it's only accessing a USB stick)... it's one of those cases
>where if I had the time I'd reverse engineer it and produce a library I
>could use instead.

Now I am confused. There is no u3dapi10.dll anywhere in the binary
zipfiles I have downloaded from the Wiki. Not in the systfiles.zip and
definitely not in tye binary zip either.
Where is this file located?

Building cvsnt solution in VS2003 does not produce it either...

Do I have to find a nonused PC and run the MSI on it to get this file?
(I don't want to screw up my existing test server)

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)