[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT + Web Application Implementation

Brian Post bpost at 80-20.com
Thu Jan 26 22:27:40 GMT 2006

"Bo Berglund" <bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote in message
news:6ljft15jqtvq86o56qite0qa17c3kbldru at 4ax.com...
> On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:28:22 -0800, Sanjay.Uttam at VerizonWireless.com
> wrote:
>
> No, they are never prompted for a password if you use SSPI! This
> protocl uses the Windows login as the user to authenticate.

As of cvsnt-2.5.03.(Scorpio) Build 2151 in my experience, CVSROOT requires
password for SSPPI or at lease requires an initial login. If this was fixed
in a later release please let me know. Previous version CVSNT 2.5.02
(Servalan) Build 2088 with exact same setup didn't require the password.

Following is what I needed to change my CVSROOT to.
CVSROOT=:sspi:domain\username:password at MelDmeCVSXP:2401/Doc95

Where
    domain = 80-20
    username = bpost
    password = passsword for 80-20 domain
    MelDmeCVSXP is connected to our coporate 80-20 domain.
    My machine is connected to another domain DmeRnD.com which is our 3 tier
development domain controllers. I.E DmeRnD.com, Palace.DmeRnD.com &
Noah.DmeRnD.com

Cheers, Brian