[cvsnt] Precommand - a valid example to test

kerry richard richard.kerry at siemens.com
Fri Jan 27 16:45:50 GMT 2006

Please could someone post a valid line to put into 'precommand' for me to see it working, in particular something using a batch file.  I've tried a variety of syntaxes that I thought might work but so far nothing does.

for example :
ALL echo "Hello from precommand !"
ALL echo Hello
ALL "C:/windows/system/cmd.exe -c echo Hello"
ALL "E:/Data/CVS/cvsrepo/CVSROOT/default_precommand.bat %c

Noe of these appear to work, in that from Tortoise I get :
Script execution failed
cvs server: Pre-command check failed

<red>
Error, CVS operation failed (exit code 1)
</red>

What am I doing wrong ?
Basic examples with the commands in the ALL line, and calls from the ALL line to a batch file would both be appreciated.

Uncertainly,
Richard.

Richard Kerry
Colledia Control Engineer
Solutions Division - Siemens Business Services
Room 457 Design Building, BBC Television Centre, Wood Lane, London, W12 7RJ
T: +44 (0)20 82259063 F: +44 (0)20 8576 8182 M: +44 (0)7921 244993
Email: richard.kerry at siemens.com
Website:  www.sbs.siemens.co.uk  <http://www.sbs.siemens.co.uk />    www.sbs.siemens.co.uk/sbsmedia <http://www.sbs.siemens.co.uk/sbsmedia>

This e-mail contains confidential information and is for the exclusive use of the addressee/s.  If you are not the addressee, then any distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If received in error, please advise the sender and delete it immediately.  We accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from use of this e-mail.

Siemens Business Services Limited
Registered No: 1203466 England
Registered Office: Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 8FZ