[cvsnt] Dual linux/windows boot for cvsnt server?

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Sat Jan 28 15:48:05 GMT 2006

Torsten Martinsen wrote:
> Siegfried Heintze wrote:
>
>> I have a problem: my one computer in my home office is dual boot and
>> when I
>> am booted up under windows, I cannot see the linux partitions.
>
> There is 3rd party software available for this, such as Ext2 IFS for
> Windows: http://www.fs-driver.org/ (I have not used this myself, though).

Alternatively creating a FAT partition will work, provided every file is
less than 2GB.

There are also things like CoLinux to run Linux under Windows, and
VMWare of course.

Personally I'd get something like a Shuttle.. the modern ones are really
quiet and the power consumption isn't a problem if it's not running a
monitor most of the time.