No subject

Fri Jul 28 15:43:40 BST 2006

A little later, we have another branch from the main trunk for version 1.5
The three versions will be developed for x number of stages until merger is
needed. At this point we need to merge the version 1.5 branch into the
version 1 branch and the version 2.0 branch, but leave these two separate
until a point in the future.

(The idea is that the main trunk is the live version (v1), version 2 is in
development on another branch but there's some fixes that need to be done
and tested on version 1, hence version 1.5 which will need merging with the
main trunk for upload to the live servers and also merging with v2 so that
the same errors are fixed in the next release)

How, in WinCVS, do I merge these files?

Thanks!!

main trunk 1.1   ------------------------>     version 2.0 1.1

main trunk 1.2    ---->  version 1.5 1.1         version 2.0 1.2

main trunk 1.x    <----  version 1.5 1.x  ----> version 2.0 1.x

main trunk 1.x+1                                            version 2.0
1.x+1