No subject

Fri Jul 28 15:43:40 BST 2006

*** start of quote ***

If you seem to be connecting but get errors like:
        cvs server: cannot open /root/.cvsignore: Permission denied
cvs [server aborted]: can't chdir(/root): Permission denied

then you probably haven't specified `-f' in `inetd.conf'. (In releases prior
to CVS 1.11.1, this problem can be caused by your system setting the $HOME
environment variable for programs being run by inetd. In this case, you can
either have inetd run a shell script that unsets $HOME and then runs CVS, or
you can use env to run CVS with a pristine environment.)

*** end of quote ***

Now, I'm running on Win2K SP3, so it has nothing to do with inetd.conf,
right?
But I do have cygwin installed, and that one needs a $HOME environment
variable... Could that have something to do with it?
I did set it to D:\Koen, but now I removed the variable and still have the
same errors. Of course it might be possible that somehow the $HOME variable
had some influence in the past and incorrect things got into the repository
(just guessing here!) ?

If you have any idea, please let me know?

Koen