[cvsnt] Wrong author of changes stored in the CVSNT History

Paul Mair paul.mair at dnet.it
Mon Jul 3 18:40:24 BST 2006

I have a problem with CVSNT accessed with SSH (cygwin).

When I commit changes to the repository using a username and password
everything works fine.

But I prefer to use a private key in combination with pageant in order to
avoid repeated inserting of the password. I can do checkin and checkout
without problems using the key and pageant, but if I look in the revision
history the author of the changes will be always the user sshd_server (which
is the same user that starts the ssh service from cygwin). I was not able to
figure out which program is responsible for the problem (cygwin or CVSNT).
The strange thing is that with username and password everything works fine.
Someone has had a similar problem with this environment?

Regards

Paul