[cvsnt] Re: (problem)Connecting CVSNT using :pserver,:sserver

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Jul 5 06:29:14 BST 2006

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 10:25:47 +0530, "pavan kumar" <pavan2609 at gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi all,
>    When im trying to giving the following commands on my console to access
>my CVSNT Repository  using :pserver,:sserver
>    It is throwing some exceptions.
>

>C:\>set cvsroot=:pserver:cvs1 at computername:/TEST
>
>C:\>cvs login
>
>Logging in to :pserver:user at computername:2401:/TEST
>
>CVS Password:<mypassword>
>
> C:\>cvs dir
This is not a cvs command!
Try this instead:

cvs ls

>cvs [ls aborted]: cvs server: connect to 192.168.10.87(192.168.10.87):2402
>failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively
>refused it.

This means that the CVSNT lock service is not running on machine
"computername".
Check in the CVSNT control panel that both the service and the lock
service are running.
If they are then you are having problems with one of:
- Firewall may block TCP access. You must open ports or switch off
firewall.

- Antivirus is blocking access. Disable AV software or enter some kind
of allowed access. Note that NOD32 is NOT COMPATIBLE with CVSNT and
will make CVSNT unusable.

>Note : Earlier i have specified the Lock Server as 192.168.10.87 rather
>specifying localhost in "Server Settings" Tab

Don't mess with the installation defaults until you have got tyhe
system up and running! Keep all defaults while verifying operation.
See here:
http://web.telia.com/~u86216177/InstallCVSNT25.html

HTH

/Bo