[cvsnt] cvs -d /path/to/repository co -d . path/to/module

Bulgrien, Kevin Kevin.Bulgrien at GDSATCOM.com
Fri Jul 7 16:36:27 BST 2006

Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.17 (client/server)  The same system is
used for the server and client.

The problem with -p is that my intended usage is with TortoiseCVS.  I tried
to use cvs.exe simply to try to prove or disprove it was a CVSNT vs. a
TortoiseCVS issue.  The workaround will not work in TortoiseCVS, and I doubt
its developers would find it worthy of including in their code.

Perhaps for the procedure at hand, a batch file can be set up to do the
workaround described even though it adds a big kludge factor.  Checkouts
need to be by tag, so it adds a bunch of overhead to be sure the tag can
be easily specified without having to resort to a command-line.    Our
organization is in the process of trying to roll out more use of version
control, and TortoiseCVS is apparently going to be more a part of this
since there are a number of command-line-o-phobes that must be contended
with.  I was trying specifically to avoid the command-line in this case
even though I generally advocate using command-line tools.

I would like to vote that -d . be fixed if it is a continuing issue with
more
current versions of CVSNT than happen to be packaged with TortoiseCVS.  Is
there a proper place to document this request?

---
Kevin R. Bulgrien
Design and Development Engineer
General Dynamics C4 Systems
http://www.gdsatcom.com/
VertexRSI

CONFIDENTIAL/PROPRIETARY

Unless otherwise indicated, all information (including attachments)
contained in this e-mail communication is confidential and proprietary
information exclusively owned by the sender and/or its related or affiliated
companies and shall not, without the prior written consent of the sender, be
used, disclosed, distributed or reproduced, in whole or in part, by anyone
other than the individual or entity to whom this communication is addressed
exclusively for the purpose expressly indicated in this communication.

This e-mail communication is intended for the use of the individual or
entity to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient of
this communication, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If
you have received this communication in error, please destroy any copies,
electronic, paper or otherwise that you may have.