[cvsnt] Re: Wincvs not launching.

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Jul 7 16:43:42 BST 2006

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 10:44:55 +0200, Asbjørn Fridberg <asbjorn at ssv.dk>
wrote:

>Hi!.
>I have a problem with my WinCVS client.  It has worked perfectly for months, but it suddenly stopped working.  When i launch it, i just see the hourglass cursor for a few seconds, and then no more.  The application never shows up, but it is taking about 98% processor power. I have tried disabling firewall (Zonealarm on my local machine), Anti-virus (symantec antivirus) and other unneccesery processes, but no difference. The version is Wincvs 1.3, build 10. Other client installations at my collegues machines work flawlessly. I tried uninstallin and reinstalling, even WinCvs never shows up in my 'Add or remove programs' list,  but through the uninstaller in the installation directory.  Im using Win XP Sp2.  Any idea what my problem could be?

Did you install CYGWIN by any chance?
CYGWIN mangles the paths to the TCL dll and therefore WinCvs won't
start afterwards.
Search the cvsgui list because it has been discussed frequently.
There is a workaround for it but not with such an alod WinCvs as you
are using, please upgrade.
And please use the correct list for your postings too...

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)