[cvsnt] Re: I don't see group file

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Jul 8 06:52:06 BST 2006

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 18:59:34 -0700 (PDT), Le Quoc Thai
<lqthai2004 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hello !
>
>  In CVSROOT, I don't see "group file". I must create
> "group file" or CVSNT will automatically create it ?

Yes, you must check out CVSROOT, then in the sandbox you create a file
with the correct syntax and cvs add it. When you commit this file
CVSNT will recognize it as an admin file and make it appear in the
CVSROOT dir on the server. No need to add it to checkoutlist.
File format as by this example:

# The "group" file contains a list of CVS user groups
# each line defines one group:
# <groupname>: <user1> <user2> <user3> etc
# A # as first character on a line makes it a comment
#
cvs_viewers: bosse karloskar maria

HTH

/Bo