[cvsnt] Re: Setting Branch Permissions

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Tue Jul 11 17:02:06 BST 2006

Woytasik Joe wrote:
> cvs chacl -R -r Test_Branch_1  -u UserID:r
>
> After I run this command I try to checkout the branch using the UserID I
> have specified in the command.  Since I have specified read only access
> I should be able to view the file, but not change it.  This does not
> seem to be the case, I have full rights to change the file.

The default ACL mode is "compatible" which means all users have full
permission by default.  You need to do one of the following:

-- Set the ACL mode to Normal (CVSROOT/config file)
-- Deny all to default
-- Deny specific rights to the user

Any one of those should achieve the results you are requesting.

--
Glen Starrett