[cvsnt] Re: I can't set permission for Client !

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at system3r.se
Sat Jul 15 10:01:39 BST 2006

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 01:12:34 -0700 (PDT), Le Quoc Thai
<lqthai2004 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi everyone !
>
>  My OS on Server and Clients : WinXP (Pro-XP2)
>  CVSNT Server and Client : 2.5.03 build 2382
>  I create directory is : MyProject (inside Repository)
>
>  I were added user named : "lissa" by
>        cvs passwd -a lissa
>
>  and I set permission for that user :
>        cvs chacl -a read -u lissa MyProject
>
>  but on PC client that user name's : lissa still can write, commit changes !
>
>  Have I mistakes ? Please help me to solve it !

You have also to deny write permission to the user before adding read
only permissions.
The default is that everyone can write so when you add read for this
user it does not really do anything until you first deny write for him
(or for everyone).

/Bo Berglund