[cvsnt] Re: Hi Bo Berglund, Group file is group.txt ?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at system3r.se
Tue Jul 18 06:40:15 BST 2006

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 01:04:14 -0700 (PDT), Le Quoc Thai
<lqthai2004 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi Bo Berglund !
>
>  But when I research in CVSROOT, I can't see group file.

This is because some admin files are not autocreated by cvs init,
typically this is the not so often used admin files. If they are cvs
added via a sandbox they will be active admin files afterwards.

> So, I think
> that, I'll will create it. And I use Notepad to create group file, and
> it's name's 'group.txt'. But I think that, the extension .txt is wrong !
>
>  Please, guide to me !

1) Check out CVSROOT to your local PC <== Important step!
2) Create a file with the name 'group':
   In Windows explorer rightclick inside the folder and select
   "New/Text Document". Give the file the name 'group'
3) Open the file in your favourite editor and enter the contents
   (If you do not know how to handle a text editor like Notepad I
   think you do not belong here....)
4) Save the file and exit the editor
5) enter the command "cvs add group", then "cvs commit group"

This will create the group file on the server and add it to the
administrative files so it is always rebuilt like the other admin
files in the future.

PS: Why in the world did you add my name to the subject line of this
thread??? Do NOT do this in the future, please!!!! DS

/Bo Berglund