[cvsnt] Re: Setting up cvsnt server on Windows XP

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-cvsnt at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Jul 18 19:49:58 BST 2006

At Tuesday 18/7/2006 15:08, Nick Duane wrote:

>I stand corrected.  I removed Venturi and things appear to be working.
>
>I will say I am a bit surprised, and maybe because I'm not a networking
>guru.  I recently purchased a Verizon wireless PC card for my laptop and
>installed the software.  It's this software that installs the Venturi
>software.  I would expect this Venturi software to only be added to the IP
>stack for the wireless PC card adapter and not other adapters.  In fact I'm
>not using any adapters (loopback maybe) to connect from the client to the
>server on my laptop.  I guess I just don't understand how the IP stack
>works.

Well, *you* are not supposed to understand exactly how the IP stack
works. But the Ventury guys definitively should!
This is not the first product seen to cause a broken TCP/IP; the
problem is that TCP/IP *mostly* works, but that's not enough for
CVSNT. ZOPE (a web application server) is specially sensitive too.

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).