[cvsnt] Execute permission lost when file is tagged

Richard Wirth richard at wirthware.de
Wed Jul 19 15:44:02 BST 2006

Hello Tony,

TE> Versions: CVSNT 2.5.03 build 2260 on Linux client and server.

TE> A file in the repository (imported from CVS) has the following
TE> permissions:

TE> -r-xr-xr-x   1 cvs cvs    6777 2006-06-29 11:42 mkconfig,v

The permissions in the repository do not correspond to the permissions
of the file in the sandbox.
Permissions are handled via a record inside the rcs file.
So for any file in the repository the permissions should be
-r--r--r--   1 cvs      cvs
if you use RunAsUSer=cvs in /etc/cvsnt/PServer.

TE> The file in the sandbox has the same permissions.  On the client,
TE> if I tag the file using "cvs tag Dummy-tag mkconfig", the
TE> permissions on the file in the repository become:

TE> -r--r--r--   1 cvs cvs    6846 2006-07-19 11:16 mkconfig,v

TE> The sandbox file still has the execute permission, but if I
TE> remove it and update from the repository, the file is not
TE> executable any more.

I can not repoduce this.
Are you sure no one else touched the file?
Some older windows client? Users working via samba share?

--
Best regards,
 Richard                            mailto:richard at wirthware.de