[cvsnt] :2402 failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

Niklas Wahlberg nwahlberg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 15:19:50 BST 2006

Hi all,

I am sure this must have come up before but I was not successful in
finding anything on the list. I have a fairly bare-bones install of
CVSNT on a local server, which I would like to connect to from my
JDeveloper 10.1.3.0.4. I am running into the error:

cvs server: connect to 10.221.13.94(10.221.13.94):2402 failed: No
connection could be made because the target machine actively refused
it.
Connection test failed: unable to connect.

I do not have any local firewall settings, I don't seem to have any
blocking of Anti-Virus software, and I was able to connect the first
time I created the profile. Now, it has just stopped working and
continues to give me this error. I have spent a lot of hours on this
problem and hope that someone can help me with this issue.

This is the first time I am using CVS and hope to get it running.

BTW, I did get it running locally on my laptop and was successful in
connecting though JDeveloper 10.1.3.0.4, so now, all I want to do is
connect to the server where we installed the CVSNT server.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Best,
Nik