[cvsnt] Re: Wincvs

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at system3r.se
Fri Jul 21 10:17:28 BST 2006

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:32:20 +0200, David Somers <dsomers at omz13.com>
wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> why are you advising inexperienced people to use the cvs init command
>> to create the repository when the most proper way is to use the CVSNT
>> control panel instead?
>
>The OP is on Linux; the control panel is only for Windows, so he has no
>choice but to use cvs init.

OK,
I missed that.
But in that case there is also the matter of telling the Linux CVSNT
server of the new repository thus created so it will be served out.
I believe this is similar to the old days of CVSNT on Windows when we
had to enter the repository data into the Registry manually, in this
case something has to be added to a conf file, I believe...

/Bo Berglund