[cvsnt] Re: Best way to check out missing subdir?

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Fri Jul 21 18:50:17 BST 2006

Gerhard Fiedler wrote:
> I'd like to mention here the one feature I'm still missing from the times I
> worked with VSS: what they call "cloaking". This basically allows users to
> list (locally, in the sandbox) files and directories they don't want from
> the server. With that, you could list the few exceptions you don't want and
> use the update -d option to get all others. Something similar doesn't seem
> to be possible with cvs(nt). You either get it all, or you need to do
> something manually, like maintaining modules definitions or verify the
> repository and check out new directories (with the methods listed above).

The "cloaking" feature sounds pretty manual to me as well, but it has to
be done on every client instead of doing it once on the server as with
modules / modules2.

It's not easily customizable on a per-user basis, but I'm not sure I see
a benefit to that.  Do you have some examples when it would be?

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett