[cvsnt] Re: Single-commit on branch

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Fri Jul 21 22:24:11 BST 2006

Marcel Stör wrote:

> We'd like to establish a single-commit regime for a branch that contains
> about-to-be-released artifacts. Is it possible to restrict write-access for
> all but one user for a particular branch?

e:\>cvs -H chacl
Usage: cvs chacl [-R] [-r branch] [-u user] [-j branch] [-n] [-p priority]
[-m message] [-a [no]{read|write|create|tag|control|all|none}[,...]] [-d]
[file or directory...]
        -a access       Set access
        -d              Delete ACL
        -j branch       Apply when merging from branch
        -m message      Custom error message
        -n              Do not inherit ACL
        -p priority     Override ACL priority
        -r branch       Apply to single branch
        -R              Recursively change subdirectories
        -u user         Apply to single user
(Specify the --help global option for a list of other help options)

http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/html/Setting-permissions.html
http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/html/chacl.html

Gerhard