[cvsnt] cvs security

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Wed Jul 26 16:17:32 BST 2006

Mik wrote:
> but in my realm I have 5-10 users for each module and actually there are
> just about 80 modules. Keep in mind that repository is on Linux RH server,

So you don't just want the owner to be able to read the module.. you'll need
to define groups for the users of each module and add access control.

> the development enviroment is on local PC
> and users work with WinCVS so is not so easy for me create a new module.

???  creating a module is one command, and the platform is irrelevant to the
operation.

Are we talking about the same thing here?

> Any way is technically possible to set cvsnt to create automatically the
> right
> permission so modules are accessible only by creator?

Well, you want them accessible by a group of users, so accessible only by a
single user wouldn't be very useful.

You have two choices:

1. Leave the root ACL open so anyone can create modules, then have them lock
it down to the users/groups they want access to (users have admin rights on
the directories they initially create).
2. Create all the modules and set them up beforehand.  80 is about 10 minutes
work.