[cvsnt] Commit hanging

Randy McCharles RandyMcCharles at smarttech.com
Fri Jul 28 17:32:14 BST 2006

This probably isn't a good topic to pursue as even 2.5.2.2115 is fairly old now.

The file corruption occurred in repositories ported from 2.0.51c and new ones created in 2.5.2.2115
After porting back to 2.0.51c in January (which required a bit of manual RCS restoration of keywords) there has been no further corruption.
I did engage in a discussion on this board at the time, where it was suggested that this must be a hardware or OS problem (and I tend to agree that the OS file system seemed the best candidate), but the OS was a clean install of Windows Server 2003. That server has since been relegated to other duties and has demonstrated no problems.

As mentioned below, I hope to try again setting up a new server with more recent software, but management is still skittish (and I don't blame them).
Possibly I will wait for 2.6

Randy McCharles

SMART Technologies Inc.

Senior Software Developer