[cvsnt] Deleting a Version

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at system3r.se
Mon Jul 31 07:20:09 BST 2006

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 23:16:08 -0700 (PDT), muhammad kamran
<mkamran233 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>  Is it possible that i can delete a particular version of a file.
>  e.g., there is a file
>
>  "doc.txt 1.5"
>  I want to delete "1.4" or the "latest 1.5" version of the file.Can i do it.

You can do this with the cvs admin command (see the documentation for
syntax).
But why would you ever want to do this? A version control system
really handles old revisions without any need for removing revisions
of files manually. They are just replaced by new revisions as time
goes by...

/Bo Berglund